Monday, June 27, 2016

Rock It To Week 9

Main events this week
Monday - Reports going home 
Tuesday and Thursday - Parent Teacher interviews
Friday- Kapahaka Festival 

Maths - For the next two weeks focus is on doubles and halves. 
Calendar Maths  - Time - o'clock and half past. (Making connections with a whole and a half.)

Reading  - Prediction and Comprehension
5 W's - what, where, when, why, who 
H  -   how ( amazing job Room 9)

Highlight of the day- Today we were working on the sound of the week and we came across a couple of words that have the same pronunciation ( knew, new). When I was reading with my top group. they were like  "They sound the same." I said  "Yes you are right and these words have a special name - Homophones."  I love extending my kids and they love it too.


Writing - Recount - We are working on writing beginning, middle and ending, And adding lots of details. 
Did I mention that my lovelies are learning to publish their stories on i-pad. One of my boys typed his story and found out that he needs to add more details. YEAH!

We are loving ROCK IT in our room.

No comments:

Post a Comment